Friday, August 15, 2008

Nesting!

So I have heard and read many things about the nesting phase of pregnancy... the phase were every pregnancy woman gets this surge of energy and cleans and organizes every nook and cranny of their home.

I am 8.5 months pregnant and I mentally have my nesting list ready to go:
  • finish the baby's room
  • disinfect the fridge
  • clean out the freezer
  • organize the cupboards
  • organize the pantry
  • wash windows
  • get bookkeeping in order
This is the list .... but yet I don't seem to have the motivation or energy to do any of it.

So here I am... with my list ready to do, but all I can do is wait, and wait, and wait for the energy to come.

I am starting to wonder if I am suppose to be doing all of this stuff during the wee hours of the morning, as that when I am wide awake, with nothing to do but watch reruns on tv, and toss and turn. Perhaps I should just put myself on the night shift next week and see what type of productivity comes from that. I have a feeling PC wouldn't think too much of it, as the major nesting activities would take place on the main floor, and he has setup camp in the basement, so that he can actually sleep, since I am up all night!

I am going to try accomplish some of the tasks off my list this weekend, but I have a feeling I will end up napping more than anything, since I am a zombie at work these days. However, who knows, maybe it will turn out to be a productive weekend, and then once my nesting energy arrives (if it ever does), I can use it to just annoy PC and the whole neighbourhood!

Did any of you expert pregnant ladies out there ever experience the surge of nesting energy... if so, when did it happen for you, and what were you like?

Labels: