Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back from Vacation!

I guess I owe my faithful readers an apology! I took off on vacation for 10 days, and absent-mindedly forgot to inform you of this little blogging hiatus.

PC and I were in the metropolis of Thessalon,ON for the famous Community Weekend - PC played ball with the Bellerose family men's team.... and I spectated for the entire long weekend. Then on Monday afternoon, we headed to Parry Sound, actually Parry Island on the Georgian Bay, to the family cottage, for some relaxation and sunshine.

We couldn't have asked for a nicer week... the sun was out in full force the majority of the week, and I managed to get a tan on my pasty white skin (this is the whitest I've been in probably 20-some years!).

I didn't sleep the greatest at the cottage, the baby was awake through the nights, and I found it hot at times, and on top of that, I was the most restless person in all of Ontario I think - I couldn't sit still for 5 minutes. However, the water in the Georgian Bay was so warm, and refreshing - so I spent as much time as I could in the water... soaking up the sun and enjoying the little bit of summer we had!

We returned home from the cottage on Saturday afternoon, just in time to shower up and attend a wedding in the area, and then Sunday and Monday were spent doing laundry and some clean up at home, before returning to work today!

This week is shaping up to be busy... tonight PC and I are going to the hospital for a little orientation tour - so I am really looking forward to that. Tomorrow morning, I go to the doctor, so we will get the official results of the last ultrasound and see what the doc has to say about the final stretch (no pun intended!). Then on Thursday I am meeting with HR to determine my last day of work and fill out all of the necessary paperwork to get ready for my maternity leave.

I am looking forward to all three appointments! I will have to do a pregnancy update post soon - stay tuned!

P.S. Shout out to Double D who turns the Big 3-0 today... happy birthday Dal!

Labels: ,