Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Love love LOVED the Bachelorette this season!

So I have been HOOKED on this season of The Bachelorette big time... I have to admit, the Bachelor/Bachelorette series is one my guiltiest tv pleasures... (ever since University when my partner in crime Erin Boyd and I did our own little study on the Bachelor series for an audience research class).

This season of the Bachelorette has just been soooooooooooooo good. I know I know... its a reality tv series, and its kind of unthinkable that a girl could date 25 guys in a six-week time period and end up engaged to one of them at the end, but I am sucker for love stories - and even if the relationship goes south a month or two after the show ends, I still fall in love with the thought of these people falling head over heels in love.

This season, DeAnna Pappas ended up choosing a snowboarder from Colorado - the most unlikely of candidates at the beginning of the show... but as the show progressed, she ended up falling for the 'rad' snowboarder Jesse Csincsak. I was actually disappointed that she chose him over the other final candidate, Jason Mesnick - he seemed like he had all the right pieces to make up the 'perfect' husband - but in DeAnna's heart she felt Jesse was her soul mate - and she chose him, and accepted his marriage proposal!

I don't know what it is about this show, but I just get so caught up in it, I love LOVE I guess - and I think to see people falling in love on tv just renews my faith in my own relationship, because everyone remembers how great the beginning of a relationship is, and shows like this just remind me what it was like in the beginning for PC and I! No - not the helicopter rides, and horse drawn carriages, or the private concerts by superstars - but just the feeling of the first kiss, the falling for someone, the wondering what it would be like to be with this person long term. This show has all of the elements of what relationships are like in the beginning - and that's the part I love!

They should probably do another show about 3 years time (if these couples ever make it that far), and remind people of what a relationship is like after the initial honeymoon phase of a relationship is over as I imagine it wouldn't be all that glamorous - but that's besides the point, for now I just love this show - and as stupid and unrealistic as it may be - I hope they air it for another 10 or 15 seasons, as I will watch every single season!

Did any of you get hooked on the Bachelorette this season, or any other seasons of the Bachelor? Are you a sucker for love like me, or are you rather unimpressed that networks like ABC would waste precious airtime on something like this?

P.S. Birthday wishes go out to faithful reader Erin Boyd today, and as well, my sister who celebrated her b-day on Sunday!! Happy Birthday ladies!

Labels: , ,