Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Reason to swear like a trucker

Today... marks 365 days since I began my French training nightmare.


DAMN, SHIT, F%$&.


That would be:


One whole year of my life that I will never get back.


One year that I will never be able to account for.


One year that I could have spent contributing to the improvement and well-being of your government.


One year that I spent mostly in tears over my inability to grasp the second official language of this country.


If that doesn't make you swear at yourself, I don't know what does.


These last 365 days have been pretty damn depressing.... I have felt sorry for myself more times in this year then I have in my entire 26.96 years of existence. The crying that ensued over trying to learn this damn language these past 52 weeks was ridiculous... even I can admit that, but you just don't know it feels until you've been there.


Speaking of tears.... excuse me while I shed a few more:

...

.....

.......

.........

I promise to be back tomorrow in better spirits, but for today I will bathe in my own self-pity... and swear like a trucker to cope with the significance of this sad day!

Labels: ,