Saturday, October 08, 2011

The Birthday Balloon Tradition

You may recall for E's first birthday, I created a little balloon tradition that I wanted to do every year on his birthday. We have managed to do it for the last two years, and this year did not disappoint.

This was the first year that I could really explain to E why I like to do this with him, and have him ask me questions about it.

E: "Where are da peoples that love me? Where they live Mommy?"

I tell him every year that we let the balloons go high in the sky as a way to say thank you to all of the people up above us who are watching over us and who love us - AND who I know are wishing him a happy birthday in their own special way.

As much as this is a tradition for E, its a way for me to connect with my grandparents who have passed on... and for me to share a special moment with my little boy and them (as I know how much joy they would have taken from being around him).

This tradition has been fun from the first time we did it, and each year it seems to bring more and more smiles for both of us.

Thanks to all of the special individuals who have passed before us... who watch out for E and who are constantly acting as our guardian angels! If our balloons have reached you... (and I know they have) please know how much we love you!
 




SC live signature

Labels: , , ,