Thursday, September 08, 2011

Slow it down!

It's September.... not the 1st, but the 8th! A week in, and its already flying by! STOP September.... don't move, I have shit to accomplish this month and your moving way to fast for my liking!

I have a gazillion blog posts I'd like to write and only 2,000 photos I want to share with you from our six weeks of simply summer vacation, but the days are just zipping by, and the more I sit in front of this laptop, the less I am actually accomplishing (damn you Pinterest).

I have waaaaaaaaaaay too much on my mind these days. Mainly, its the last quarter of my awesome maternity leave, and I have a list three miles long of things I want to accomplish before reality crashes my doorstep.  However, before I can get to that list, I have two mega birthday celebrations to plan for my sweet duo of bros, an anniversary that can't go unnoticed, a few other family birthdays, and then of course the inevitable return to work - and decisions to make about work in general.

I also have been away for so long that there are a million and one people I want to visit and catch up with, but the truth of it all is that I can't reallly enjoy visiting with people and doing lunches and play-dates until I knock a few items off my to-do list.

Sometimes, sitting in this house just makes me look around at all the projects I want to be doing, and should be doing, but then my baby boy cries, my big boy repeats 'watch me Mommy' a thousand times over, and before you know it the supper fairy screwed off again and didn't leave a decent meal.

I have good intentions, I really do, but if the calendar doesn't stop flipping, I think I'm gonna have a little flip out of my own!

Anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed at how fast the days are passing... before we know it we'll be singing phacking Christmas carols and cursing mall parking lots!

Please... someone, make. it. stop.

SC live signature

Labels: ,