Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Top 5 Tuesday: Useful Gear for Babies!

I have decided to start a little tradition here... to*try* and do a Top 5 list every week. I am not exactly sure where this going to go... but I am struggling lately to keep the blog up and running and often I don't have the time in a day to flush out a great post, so I thought an idea like this might take the pressure off of me, if I already know what I am going to write about every Monday!

This week... I'd like to share with you my Top 5 great baby items. I know I stumbled upon a list similar to this when I was pregnant and thought that recommendations from other Moms went a long way when I was shopping ... so here a gift from me to you, new Moms or Mommy-to-be's!

This top 5 list consists of things I used with my baby boy, and things I consider useful accessories or items to help make your day to day activities with your baby easier and fun!

  • 1. Moby Wrap... I blogged about this at the end of last year but I still stand by my recommendation. I borrowed a Moby wrap from a cousin of PC (shout out to Sarah) just after E was born, and my life changed for the better. I got my sanity back when I was able to get a few things done around the house while E was comfortably sleeping on me in the Moby. I used it daily for the first four months, and recently I have used it with E to carry him around my hip the days he needs a little extra Mommy attention. The Moby looks a little overwhelming as it is such a long piece of material, but it is SUPER easy to use and it goes in the washing machine for a quick clean.
  • 2. J.J Cole Travel Blanket... this is a must-have for me. I was given this item as a gift and I thought it was just a blanket, but I quickly discovered that its HUGE, yet it folds up to nothing, with a shoulder strap and is really light weight. It is easy to take ANYWHERE, and can be wiped clean with a baby wipe. Sand and dirt does not stick to it like a heavy wool blanket... and the best part is, it looks super fashionable when you open it up at the park. It's reasonably priced, and I know I will use it for many outings with E in the future too.
  • 3. Travel Booster/Highchair Seat... this is another must have for me. When going out to eat with a little one, it is always a concern how clean the restaurant high-chairs really are... or if the restaurant even has suitable seating for an infant. We have the Fisher Price one... and it comes in handy when eating out at restaurants or at relatives or friends houses. I would even go as far to say that if you don't want to spend the money on a full service high-chair, you could easily get away with using the travel booster seat at home for your main infant feeding chair... and the best part is, you don't have the annoyances of storing or dust around a big high chair - and it comes with all of the dishwasher safe washable trays.
  • 4. Gagou Tagou Hooded Towels... I received a few different versions of the hooded towel when I was expecting, but I have to say that the Gagou Tagou one is by far the best I have used with E. The towel actually absorbs the water and drys the baby off, and is much thicker than the cheaper versions. You can't beat the cuteness factor either... and these towels are big enough that they can be used with the baby for a few years!
  • 5. Fisher Price Little Super Star Stage... E received this a gift for Easter from this grandparents, and it has been a staple piece of entertainment in his day. This toy really taught him how to sit up unsupported, and now it helps him master standing. The music is cute, and not annoying like some toys. Since April we have not replaced the batteries once, and we leave it all the time. E LOVES to dance to the songs, wiggle his little head... and I know in the years to come, he will be using the fake microphone to practice up for Canadian Idol!
There you have it! My first installment of Top 5 Tuesdays! I hope you enjoyed it! Now... the only challenge is what should Top 5 list should I do for next week? Any suggestions?

Labels: ,