Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Giving Thanks

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought it might be nice to compose a list of a few things I am especially thankful for... of course this list could go many ways, so I will try to encompass all things without boring you too much.

Let's get standard stuff (although important and always at the top of my list) out the way....

  • health and happiness - given that there is so many people in this world battling to have good health, I am very thankful to be in good health, and to have those I love nearly and dearly free from the harmful and infectious diseases that surround our world. Sometimes we over look good health in our list of thank yous, but it is an important thing that allows us to have so much happiness in life.

  • love - of course... this one's also a given, to love and be loved is something that truly in a blessing, and I humbled to have this present in my life everyday.

  • friends and family - for me these are two very distinct groups ... yet so important to have in my life, and I am thankful that these two groups exist separately, yet at times can be one in the same.

The mushy ones could go on forever.... food on the table, money in the bank, good paying job, etc... but they are not all that exciting, so let's move away from the mushy stuff, and onto more trivial things.... and I apologize in advance for the melange of topics here:

  • I am thankful that I can afford to buy two-ply toilet paper. Seriously - it perplexes me why businesses insist on using the cheap stuff... if these places really appreciated their employees and customers, they would splurge on the good stuff.
  • I am thankful for the invention of the dishwasher... life would be so much more difficult without it, and I think I would be one bitchy woman if I had to do dishes every. single. morning and night.
  • I am thankful that the football season is short, compared to baseball and hockey. Honestly, I can't stand watching football or listening to the announcers (although I can listen to Jesse Palmer from time to time, or perhaps just look at him - but that's a whole other post!) Listening to PC go on about 'his picks' for the week... and 'the spreads', and the time it takes to make the picks, read the spreads, and then update me on how close he was to winning the week - nonsense, I tell you!
  • I am thankful for fall colours.... nothing puts me in a better mood on my way to work than seeing all of the foliage in its vibrant colours this time of year.
  • I am thankful that PC has put up with my relentless nagging constant yet encouraging attitude in motivating him to finish the basement. We are getting there, and we really couldn't have done any of it without his persistence and hard work all summer long.
  • Finally (although I could go on), and I'll make this one worth your while - I am thankful for my bloggy readers and friends. The fact you come back here checking for updates on a daily basis - this has really blown me away over the last 18 months. Thanks for reading, and thanks for making me think that this little spot in the world wide web, has a purpose!

I hope each of you had a great Thanksgiving, and feel free to share anything you are thankful for in the comment section.

Labels: ,