Friday, January 14, 2011

I remember when 30 was old!

It's like Deana Carter sings in Strawberry Wine - 'I remember when 30 was old' and I seriously do.  Now today, as I celebrate 31 years on this planet, I'd like rewrite the song to say 'I remember when 60 - or 61 (if you're reading Dad) was REALLY old'.

30 or being in your 30's still has some youthfulness to it... right?

I guess the saying goes 'you're only as old as you feel'... and frankly for the last 5 years I've been 25, but this year, for some reason, I feel like I'm older, much older than 25.

It might also be because of the fact that in the last month, I have discovered a school of grey hair randomly placed throughout my 25 year-old head of hair.  Like... where did this come from? You decide to have a second child and immediately your punished with grey hair. Not exactly the birthday gift I was looking for. I can see more blond highlights in my future... my very near future!

I don't know why having two kids suddenly makes me feel older, maybe its because I'm sleeping less, drinking more coffee in a day, and not taking care of my body as well as I use to, but either way... I hope this is just a short phase at the 'I'm old pity party' and then it passes. 

...

.....

.......

..........

Yes... there now, I'm over it.

As I turn 31 I have lots to be thankful for, and feeling old or feeling just plain (old) 31 ... doesn't matter to me. What matters is that I have my health and happiness, which includes the health and happiness of my two boys, my husband, our families and friends. This getting old thing pales in comparison to the happiness in my life right now... and at 31, I wouldn't change a thing (except maybe the grey hair bit!).

Thanks everyone for the emails, tweets, facebook messages and phone calls today and this week! I am reminded once again that I am surrounded with great people in my life.

Labels: , ,