Monday, December 03, 2007

Snowed In!

Today... I took advantage of the few luxuries of my job: REMOTE ACCESS.

Last night I was put to sleep by the sound of freezing rain tapping on the windows of my bedroom. This morning I awoke to the blustering winds and a driveway FULL of snow.

This is when I weighed the pros and cons of heading into the office via the icy, snowy roads vs. staying in my comfy pj's and working from recently finished basement.

I took the latter without much thought, and it was a rather productive, stress-free day at the office - satellite office that is!

We've received upwards of 25 cms of snow since the middle of the night, and it's still coming down. I snapped this picture this afternoon, just to give you an idea of what we're facing:


PC did his due diligence and cleared the driveway this morning.... but I have a feeling this was only round 1 of many clearing exercises over the next couple of days.

These are the days I live for our 'outside' job 'inside' job arguments - clearing snow is clearly an OUTSIDE JOB - a.k.a not my job! I will gladly scrub the floors (inside job) from the comfort of my warm and cozy living room, while PC tends to his 'outside' jobs... shoveling, shoveling, and more shoveling!

Tomorrow... it is still suppose to be snowing, and I will have to go into the office due to meetings, but it was nice not to have to do the drive today!

Now, given that my daily routine was thrown off due to the snow storm - I should probably go shower, for the sake of my marriage!

Labels: