Thursday, July 12, 2007

Random Facts and Habits

DaniGirl tagged me for this, and since I didn't know what to post about today, this makes for great filler, which you may also find interesting, as it's about me: ME ME ME!


Alright... let's get started.


The Rules: (I have to post these rules before I can give you the facts, as indicated in the rules below.)


1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.



Okay, here we go:


ONE: I have deep passion for Asparagus. This is a veggie that my parents never fed me as a child, and I am really disappointed, because I think I would have eaten it up like it was chips or chocolate. Lately I have discovered European Frozen's Best: Asparagus, and it is truly delicious every. single. time. Especially when you steam it for a bit (I detest over-cooked veggies), and add a little dill seasoning and a drop of butter, mmm mmm good. If I am coming over for dinner, put on the asparagus please.


TWO: I loved the book 'Always Fresh'. I recently finished this book at the cottage, it's the story of Tim Horton's from the perspective of its former owner, Ron Joyce, who built the company into the multi-million dollar food chain that is today. The most exciting part was reading all about Tim Horton's wife, Lori, and the crazy nut bar she was.... it's almost trashy to a certain degree, but entertaining all at the same time. Definitely worth a read if you're into the 'from rags to riches' type stories - and it's Canadian!


THREE: I wish the world would allow women to wear sport bras, every day of their lives. Seriously... I love a good sports bra.... it provides support while ensuring all day comfort. Of course you look flat as a board when you wear one (especially if you lack any initial contribution in the boob area) but you just can't beat the comfort factor of well made sports bra.


FOUR: I haven't ate any ice cream this week, or after dinner treats for that matter. I think this is the start of a new lifestyle for me, no eating after 8 pm. Okay... so its only been one week, but really.... one week is a start. I guess, the real test will be weeks two, three, four, and five!


FIVE: The highlight of every morning and afternoon is my drive to and from work, where I can belt out my favourite tunes on my ipod, at the top of my lungs, like I am the next Tina Turner. I think I secretly wish I was a rock star. I am actually pretty good on the extra high notes... I pretty much put on a clinic, if you what I mean. When I am on the open road, with the windows rolled tightly up, I come alive - it's quite the performance, too bad, no one will ever see it LIVE!


SIX: I have been contemplating child birth A LOT lately. I can't make a firm decision about whether or not 'I'm ready'. I want children... someday, but is someday in the distance future, or more so just around the corner. Is there ever such as thing as being ready when it comes to parenting? Probably not.... but yet, I don't want to take the plunge just yet ... and the fact that PC and I spend 80% of our time a part, doing social things and sports... I value you what little time we spend together... so I am not entirely sure I am ready to give any of that up for kids - BUT... the itch is there, and every so often I start to scratch it... just a bit!

SEVEN: I need new glasses. The ones I have are falling off my face half the time. I think they have stretched, or my face has shrunk, and every time I look down at something, they literally fall to the floor, if I am not careful. I hate that our health care service plan works in 2 year cycles... meaning that if I purchase glasses right now, I am not covered for an eye exam until next year, when the new cycle begins. But then next year, if my eye exam determines my eyes have change, I will be shit out of luck when it comes to glasses, because I will have already used my coverage this year - it's a vicious cycle I tell you.

EIGHT: Sometimes, I wear my wedding veil and tiara around the house while I am cleaning! I know... you weren't expecting that, were you (of course, it's only when I am all by myself). It's my dirty little secret - I mean, I am never going to wear it again, at least not for getting married, so who cares if I get a little bleach, and vinegar on it! It makes cleaning a little more enjoyable when I can twirl around in it between mopping and dusting!!

Phew... this post took me two days to write (I started it on Wednesday)! These little known facts about me are hard to drum up on short notice, I guess!

So... now onto the tagging of others:

Roz @ Chez Roz

Lisa @ Your Inner Dog

Rebecca @ Brown Eyed Girl

Kerry @ Popwatch

Shawze (maybe this will get you back blogging) @ Shawze's Adventures

Amanda @ Drake Update

Loukia @ LouLou's Views

Have fun!

Labels: