Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ssssssssh, its quiet around here.

Yesterday and this morning have been rather quiet. Quiet in a very weird way.

I mean, I have been completing my day-to-day tasks, but I am not losing sleep over any major files, and surprisingly, no one is breathing down my neck for any urgent products.

Its been relatively quiet for phone calls and emails too, which makes me wonder if everyone else is busy working away on something important, expecting me to be doing my important part, when all I am doing is the bare minimum, because I can't think of anything pressing that needs to be done immediately.

I think, as a procrastinator, this is my worst fear. The fear that I am up-to-date on everything, and that I don't have a single thing to procrastinate about. I mean seriously, can I really be on top of all my work? (highly doubtful)

I can see projects that will materialize in a few weeks time, but I've even done my pre-reading for those, and made my notes. Perhaps its not quiet, perhaps this is the feeling that keeners get every. single. day when they actually do all of their work, on time, and without the stress that procrastinators feel every evening as they try to get a good night's sleep.

I work in the type of environment where you hate to mention that its 'quiet', because the next thing you know, a bomb drops on your desk, and you regret every non-busy thought you've ever had.

I don't know what's going on, but I am going to continue about my quiet day, hoping that this little 'pause' from the real world rides itself into the upcoming loooooooooooooooooong weekend.

Yay for quiet... yah for me!

Labels: