Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Now you see it, now you don't!

Today is a good day. I say this, as I do every second Wednesday, as its the day that Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) releases the paychecks of federal employees into their bank accounts.

Every second Wednesday, like clock work, I wake up and check my online banking to ensure that the funds have indeed been placed into the account.

Not once has my government ever let me down (on this issue). However, its seems that the government can't work fast enough... as soon as they release the money into my bank account, there is a line up of starving, money hungry vulchers, just waiting to swoop down and take as much as they can, as fast as they can, before I can get my little paws on some free spending money.

It's a really a case of, if you blink, you'll miss it... and that's exactly what's happening as we speak.

No sooner has the government done their part and paid PC and I both our earnings... when the accounts payable people are line up out of the cyberspace door ready to collect what rightfully belongs to them.

I hate it. Its a vicious cycle... just when you think you are getting ahead at 7am every second Wednesday, you are flat broke by noon the same day.

Why... for one payday, can't these accounts payable vulchers take a vacation... give me some peace, let me look at my earnings for more than 15 minutes, and actually invision a life of wealth and fame... is this too much to ask?

Labels: ,