Monday, May 15, 2006

Season Finale Fever

As I sit down to type this post the clock reads 7:49 PM which means there is exactly 11 minutes until I have to be glued to the television for 4 straight hours. Tonight's must see line up goes like this:

8:00 to 9:00 PM - CSI Miami: the second part of two part nail biting episode that left me dying last week... will Horseradish and his wife get shot...what will happen?

9:00 to 11:00 PM - Grey's Anatomy Season Finale - Addison might leave McDreamy, but what about Meredith and McVet...not mention the whole heart patient Deni & Iza...and will Burke make it - god the suspense is killing me already.

11:00 PM to 12:00 AM - Prison Break Season Finale - I've waited a long time to see this escape plan unfold, so they better not leaving hanging again...each time I wonder how they can force the show to go another episode, but somehow they manage to.

I usually watch The Apprentice on Monday nights, which is also on tonight, but Grey's Anatomy takes the cake on this one. I will fore-go tonight's 'You're Fired' episode as I would not miss Grey's Anatomy if P's life was depending on it. The first part of the finale aired last night.... and it left you on the edge (very edge) of your seat... so tonight I am just dying to see what happens.

Here's what I want to know.... why the hell do these shows do these evil things to their viewers? I just know that tonight I am going to be left hanging again, for the whole summer, just wondering how the shows will continue next fall - it will eat away at me for the rest of the week, and then it will be forgotten, but seriously.... these shows should be books, so that if you wanted to read ahead then you could, and if you were too lazy to do that, then you could wait until next fall. I don't know why the writers haven't thought about this angle yet, as I know that it could be profitable for all involved.

I swear these season finale's are torture, self-inflicted torture.... why do I do this to myself?
The only answer I can come up with is that its an addiction (oh great ANOTHER addition, perhaps I should see a therapist over the summer) - I live vicarously through the characters of these shows.... I mean would it not be cool to be in love with a guy named McDreamy? Perhaps I feel that I am accomplishing this through watching the show.

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but what I do know is that its 7:59 and I have to go fight P for the best spot on the couch.

10-4 people!