Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Damn Dwarfs

Today I feel like the seven dwarfs... mainly just four of the seven: Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey and Grumpy.

Sneezy has been present in my system since last week. For the past 5 days I have been sneezing at least 30 times a day (no word of a lie), followed by very itchy eyes. If my nose had its way, it would be happiest if it never had to see another kleenex ever again - not even the ones with aloe or lotion or extra softness (seriously the aloe, lotion, softness line is a bunch of b.s... when you have to use more than 2 per day - they all feel like sand paper).

Today, I could barely keep my eyes awake in the morning half of my French class, so I decided to call it a day and come home early. I headed straight home to the couch and had good intentions of doing my French work while taking in some soaps... but it was minutes before I passed out for a lengthly 3 hour nap - hellooooooooooo Sleepy!

When I awoke I think I felt 10 times worse then I did this morning. This where Dopey and Grumpy come into play. Dopey because I can't seem to focus on my French work, and Grumpy because Dopey, Sleepy, and Sneezy won't leave me alone. Seriously... you would think these Dwarfs were working some sort of a team system. If this is the case, where the hell is Happy, Bashful, and Doc?

I think I have some minor allergies (perhaps it could be from the truck load of dust bunnies that are having a field day on my hardward floors), and the allergies have now turned into the start of a cold (which may also be from the fact that I was curling in -10 conditions on Saturday night, followed by a sunburn on Sunday afternoon).

All this to say.... I have probably brought on the symptons myself, but I am still looking for a bit of sympathy. Thank god I have the actual symptons to play up for the teachers at school or else they may think I was just taking a few days off to enjoy the nice weather outside (noooooooooo... not me)!