Monday, January 07, 2013

Welcome 2013

Its already a week into 2013 and I have yet to wish you an official Happy New Year. How rude of me!

Don't take it personally,  but I have just been too busy enjoying the holiday break with my family. It has been so. much. fun.

This is the first Christmas in a long time that I can really say that I've 'enjoyed' the holidays.  I am not sure what the formula was this year, but for the first time in a very long time, I feel relaxed, rested, and ready to tackle the new year.

I think we had a few things going for us this year... two parents not working, not traveling, no school, no daycare, getting out with the kids, getting out with my husband, taking that 'extra' day off... whatever combo it was I would do it all over again - and again.

I am sitting here this morning on my extra day off, sipping my coffee, watching Ellen, and flipping through pics from the holidays. It seems liked we did a lot during the break, yet we had a lot of time at home - which is really the best!

Going into Christmas Eve I was exhausted, and run down, and just ready to throw in the towel on Christmas, but magically it all came together, and we spent Christmas Eve at our house, with my in-laws, going to church, getting ready for Santa Claus, and just enjoying some down time. Christmas morning was exciting and fun for the boys, we enjoyed Christmas brunch, a Skype date with my family, and a leisurely gift opening for all. H got in his afternoon nap and E got to explore some of his new toys before heading out to Christmas dinner at the in-laws.  It was very low stress from that point out... all presents delivered and opened, and even the clean up wasn't that daunting.

The remainder of the holidays we spent together... sleigh-riding, playing board games, celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday, playing in our backyard, shoveling, having dinner with good friends, taking in the kids first OHL hockey game, public skating, and enjoying a good ol' fashioned movie night. PC and I had a wedding to attend during that break, and even that was a fun time. We got to let loose, have a few drinks, catch up with old friends, and hit the dance floor! All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better schedule of events over our two weeks of holiday time.

Today, its back to the regular routine for the rest of the family, and I am taking some extra time to finish up a few chores around home.  I have to say, that as much as I will want to stay in bed tomorrow morning, I don't think I will have a problem with having to get up and get back to normal every day life.

I like the way 2013 is starting out... if I feel this good at the end of 2013, it will definitely have been a good year.

 SC live signature

Labels: , ,