Thursday, April 02, 2009

Back in time... rewind, fast-foward!

Stole this meme from Dani over at Postcards from the Mothership... I think it just makes me see how quickly time passes... so I thought I would play along.

15 years ago today I would have been:

  • an innocent girl who had no idea how the next 15 years of her life would unfold;
  • starting to shop for my grade 8 graduation dress, thinking it would be beautiful, but in hind-sight knowing it was a horrendous choice! (Mom... I know you still wished I had picked the 'other' one);
  • convincing my classmates that we should pick another song to sing at our grad ceremony other than 'End of the Road' by Boyz to Mend!

10 years ago today I would have been:

  • 19... single, and getting ready to embark on one of the craziest summers of my life;
  • coming home from a trip to Ottawa certain that I was destine to go to Ottawa U, and hoping to the hell I got accepted there;
  • a small town girl thinking I knew it all, but knowing I had a lot to learn about the 'real world'!

5 years ago today I would have been:

  • moved into a one bedroom apartment, living in sin with PC, and loving every minute of it;
  • just won a competition at work that I had no business competing in, and thinking that I actually did know what I was doing in my job;
  • planning for a trip to Dominican with PC and my future in-laws.

1 year ago today I would have been:

  • pregnant and so happy to have just shared the news with family and friends;
  • scared to death about labour and delivery, but so happy to be starting a family;
  • wondering if I was having a boy or girl!

This year I am:

  • on maternity leave, and enjoying every minute of it;
  • in disbelief that I actually have a baby, and not just any baby, the cutest, sweetest, most lovable baby boy on the planet (IMHO);
  • thinking this is the best year EVER!

Today I:

  • brought E into my office to visit my colleagues, and was actually surprised at how much I missed the office atmosphere;
  • ate leftovers for dinner, which I don't normally do;
  • am getting set to watch the last episode of ER ever.

Next year I hope:

  • to be just as in love with my life as I am today;
  • to ease into 30 gracefully;
  • to take a hot vacation with my husband!

In five years I hope:

  • to be in a new house that we can 'settle' in;
  • to have expanded our family with another baby;
  • to start the planning for a trip to Hawaii for our 10th Anniversary!
Now that was fun, wasn't it!?!

Usually with memes your suppose to tag people, but I won't put anyone the spot today. However, if your low on bloggy ideas this week (like me), and would like to play along, let me know in the comments so I can follow your post.

Labels: ,