Sunday, March 15, 2009

Great Toy!

Meet Sophie the Giraffe! You would think this toy looks pretty boring from the outset, but believe it or not it seems to be E's favourite toy right now.

I bought it when I was in Toronto, sort of curious what was soooooo great about it. I had heard others rave about Sophie, but for the price point ($20), I was pretty skeptical.

However, in the last month, E has wanted to put everything in his month and chew on everything he can get his hands on, so when I heard Sophie was made of all natural rubber, and is a great substitute for hands in the mouth and other cloth toys... I snatched up the first one I saw!

She doesn't disappoint either. The concept of the toy is fairly simple... not a lot of bells and whistles. She makes a squeak here and there, but over all is a just a plain-jane type toy, that E seems to love.

I guess the other thing that make me want to buy her, is that she isn't just toy that the novelty will wear off when the next big thing in toys comes along... she's been around the block and back, as her history dates back to the 1960s. Her packaging reads ...

Born in 1961, her success is legendary in France. Made in the French Alps with natural rubber and non-toxic paint, Sophie has been safely cuddled and chewed for over 40 years! She is soft, light, and easy to grasp and fits perfectly into little hands. Sophie is loveable and amusing. She even makes a happy sound when squeezed. Babies especially love her bumpy head to soothe their teething gums.

I love that I can wash Sophie in warm soap and water... and that she is not going to fade or get fuzzy. She is very low maitnenance, a quality that is hard to come by in for many toys.

Have you heard of Sophie, do you own one? What other toys would you recommend for a soon to be teething baby?

Labels: ,