Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shedding ...

I am not sure if its the time of year, or my post-pregnancy hormones catching up with me, but I am shedding hair everywhere these days.

Last month, I decided to go and get my hair cut, after cleaning up about 5,000 stray hairs off the bathroom floor. I think in my head, I thought it was the evidence that I needed to remind myself how badly I needed a hair cut. I figured, I would get it cut, and the stray hairs would be eliminate themselves.

Boy, was I wrong.

I think the hair that is falling out has doubled... its everywhere. I clean my brush every day and it looks like I have combined a golden retriever at least 50 times. It covers the bathroom mats, I find it all over my pillow, on the blankets, on E's blankets, and probably most notably as I was cleaning E's dirty bum this morning, a stray hair trapped in the poop - groooooooooooss!

I don't know what to do... I have a read a few things about hair loss, and that it is natural. I have thick hair and I've always considered it to be healthy, but the amount of hair I am losing these days leads me to wonder how healthy I really am in the hair department.

I know during pregnancy, I lost practically no hair at all... I didn't see much change in my hair then, but now its everywhere. PC couldn't be more annoyed about it either. He is constantly telling me to clean the drain in the shower (and he means it too)... he's pretty disgusted by the whole thing, and to be honest I am getting pretty sick of it too. I am just wondering how much longer this massive shed is gonna go on for?

Any ideas?

Labels: ,