Friday, January 09, 2009

In NEED of a Mommy Makeover!

Well... I am pretty sure the post-pregnancy/new mom glow has worn off by now, and I am in desperate need of Mommy Makeover. I say 'makeover' which in my books includes, hair, makeup, and wardrobe, but at this point I would really just take a haircut and some highlights - or as PC warns 'the MOM cut'!

If you can believe it... its been 6 months since my last haircut/highlights... 6 MONTHS, I kid you not. I think this is by far a record, since I usually pride myself in getting my hair done once every 2 to 3 months. The last time I had highlights and a cut was at the beginning of July (08). I am actually so embarrassed about my hair that I refuse to go back to the salon that did my hair pre-Mommyhood... they would most likely give me the same look from Pretty Woman the ladies on Rodeo Drive gave Julia Roberts in her hooker wardrobe.

Its funny... because a month ago, I looked in the mirror and thought to myself, WOW, my hair has really held up post-pregnancy... but CLEARLY the new mommy glow was blinding me, because when I look back at some picture before Christmas, it was AWFUL.

This week I see myself in the mirror and feel like spitting on it. My roots are a disaster... and my hair is so thick and shaggy, you would think I was 70s rock star wanna be!

I have had the same group of friends for 10 years, and we make the kind of promises to one another that we would sooooo tell the other person if she was starting to look a little run down... but either my friends are too afraid to approach the subject with me (for fear I would go postal on them) or they too have their blinders on... because not one of them has said anything to me!

I have made an appointment to remedy this situation on Sunday... and I can't wait! At least by the close of business Sunday I will have improved my new mommy self-esteem, just a wee bit! As for the wardrobe and makeup... that will have to come another time.

Did any of you experience the need makeover feeling after becoming a Mom.... when did you get your first Mom cut? How did it feel?

Labels: ,