Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas the size of Texas!

Julie over at Abbily Ever After organized a blogger's secret ornament swap for the second year in a row. I participated last year, but after all of the hustle and bustle of Christmas I did not receive my ornament. I was kind of disappointed, but I did have so much fun sending my ornaments to my swap partner, that I decided to throw caution to the wind and do it again this year, in hopes of better luck.

The ornaments were to be mailed on December 1st... so that they would arrive in good time for Christmas... and with enough time to get overseas and across borders as the blogging participants are all over the world. My swap receivee (that I mailed my ornament to) lives in Texas, and by coincidence, my swap sender (that had me) also is from Texas. It was a big ol' Texas swap exchange for me, so I think its only fitting that the ornament I received have a Texas theme!

My package came today... just in the nick of time, and I was so excited. J from Musings in Leftfield (love the name) had me... and she really put together a nice package... when I opened it there was a lovely card, a photo snowman holder, and my TEXAS ornament.

Its pretty cute, and looks great on our tree:

Thanks so much "J"! You did a great job... I have a good friend moving to Texas in the New Year, so who knows our paths may cross in the future sometime!

I thought since I was snapping a pic of my ornament on the tree, I would also take the liberty to show you the entire tree, and our stockings hung by the fire with care (and Little E in front swinging away)! I think this may be the last year for a while that we have a half decent looking, non-kid proof, Christmas tree... next year, I don't imagine we will have any ornaments hanging under the 2 foot threshold!Now, enough with the blogging I have to finish wrapping the gifts for the big day!

Labels: ,