Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Second Week Home

Wow... I can hardly believe it's been over a week since my last post. I think the saying goes... 'time flies when your having fun'! And I am having fun... as much fun as sleep deprivation can be, but its a small price to pay for such a fantastic addition to our family.

Little E is doing great... he has really settled in here, and I am settling in too, mostly thanks to my fantastic parents, who have been here since the day he was born. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty, and have really helped me adjust to motherhood - allowoing me to get a few extra hours of sleep each day that I know I would otherwise go without, if they were not here.

Their extended stay is soon to come to an end, as they must get back home to Thessalon... and I must learn to adjust without them, but they have definitely been a huge help to me and I will not be able thank them enough when they do have to head home.

This past week has been good. E's umbilical cord finally fell off, and has left him with a bit of a large stump, but it doesn't seem to bother him, and his doctor isn't concerned about it, so we are just happy to be rid of the cord. E has been eating and sleeping well... the feedings in the wee hours of the morning seem to be most challenging as one of us is always falling asleep at the wheel, but we are learning and adjusting as each night passes.

E will be three weeks on Sunday, hard to believe ... but he really is a happy and healthy baby, and has gained a bit more weight this week... so all is well here.

I have a hard time imagining when I will be able to resume regular blogging duties, but perhaps I will be able to do a few short posts here and there to tide you over until I can officially become an active blogger again! Hang in there.... please!

For now, a quick photo of E, doing what he does best these days.... !

Labels: ,