Monday, October 13, 2008

Our First Week Home

Well... it has been a rewarding/exhausting first week at home.

Little E is doing really well... he's adjusting to life at our household quite nicely. The first few nights home it took me a while to figure him out... but I feel more and more confident in caring for him as each day passes.

He truly is a blessing... and being a new Mom is very rewarding. Getting up at all hours of the night to feed him is not something my body is trained to do, but when his big eyes wake and he looks at you with his soft cheeks and defined lips ... you just know its all worth it.

I know many of you are wondering about the labour and delivery of this little guy... but without going into the grave details of the occasion... I will say that it was difficult. I will save the actual 'labour' story for another post, but despite the difficulty the end result was a beautiful baby boy, which PC and I are loving spending every minute with.

Yesterday, we took our first real outing with E, as we ventured to his grandparents for thanksgiving dinner. He was the perfect baby... feed well, and slept through dinner while we all sat down together as a family to eat.

Today, my parents and I took E out for his first walk... as we toured downtown Embrun. I am slowly recovering from the labour and delivery and finding out that I will be able to leave the house with him and manage!

I am looking forward to our second week together... and just enjoying time with my little boy!

Here are a few more pics of E for your viewing pleasure.


Labels: