Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Well... I have been pretty much consuming the blog with my travels lately... and haven't done much chit-chat on the pregnancy, so I thought a little update on Baby Coleman might be appreciated by some of you.

Let's see.... where to begin:
  • Well.. I am at the 25 week mark this week... seems crazy to think that I am already 6 months pregnant, it feels like yesterday that we were deciding when to tell our parents - and in 3 short (hot, humid, sweaty) months we will be greeting our little boy or girl!
  • I am getting bigger (talk about a no brainer)... ! The funniest thing this morning was when a colleague said to me 'Wow, you have really popped!' and I replied 'Really? I think its just my pants today,' and she said 'No Sara, I am pretty sure its not your pants!' - I guess I am in denial a bit.
  • I use to be able to put on a baggy sweatshirt and look like my 'old' self, but now the belly is starting to stick out even in the baggy sweats... there's no covering it up, no matter how hard I try!
  • Last month I had some pretty good emotional 'episodes'. I say episodes, because I was acting only like someone out of a soap opera or tv-sitcom. Definitely some of my least proudest moments... and I am sure there were various points were PC wanted to just pack up and bail, and NO ONE would have blamed him, but I guess this is why I married him, as he is about the one and only person will stick me out of sheer love!!
  • I watched the movie 'Knocked Up' on Sunday night... it was on the movie channel. The first time I saw this movie I thought it was funny, but watching it again - I cried I laughed so hard in some parts - especially when Ben (the boyfriend) is screaming at Alison (prego): 'You know what, I know this isn't you talking, it's your hormones, but I would just like to say, F#%CK YOU, HORMONES, YOU ARE A CRAZY BITCH, HORMONES--not Alison, HORMONES.' PC could so relate that part.... for sure!
  • I am starting to think that I might be having a boy... I say this because during my little episodes, I had more rage than sobbing... so I am thinking its got to be some extra testosterone in my body. If it was a girl, I think I would be more likely to sob over a cute puppy on the dog food commercial! But of course, we still have no idea what it is - heartbeat is fairly high, which is a good indication for a girl, but mostly everything else in this pregnancy points to the signs for a boy - so I guess we'll see in 15 weeks!
  • I have slowly realized that I can't do as much as I think I can do... my body just hates me for it later, so I am learning to slow down - slowly! I was out for a walk the other night and when I would get up to a good pace, I would get a cramp in my lower stomach, so I would have to slow it down. What use is going for a walk if you have to act like you're an 85 year-old lady with a walker - brutal!
  • PC and I finally got our baby registry started... its amazing the amount of stuff Babies R Us makes you think you need for one small child - I mean seriously, if you listened to everything the sales people in that store told you, we would easily need to take out a second mortgage on the house! Luckily, we tried to narrow it down to the necessities... but still - it is quite overwhelming. PC had control over the scanning gun, so at first he was a little scan-happy with the thing, but I got him under control about 15 minutes in and we were able to agree on just about everything!

Overall... pregnancy is going well - I can and do complain about some things, but in general I am still loving the fact that there is a little human being in my belly, that kicks me just when I get comfortable, or wakes me up in the night to say hi - these are the fun things about being pregnant and I wouldn't change them for the world!

Labels: ,