Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Greetings From Halifax

Time out from the NYC recap, I am in Halifax, Nova Scotia this week (and have been since Sunday morning) for work. I am a first time visitor to the this part of the country, so although my schedule is jammed packed with work events, I am trying to squeeze a little sight-seeing here and there.


I must say what I have noticed is that Halifax has a very laid back way of life... not one person in this city is EVER in a hurray- and to be honest, its quite refreshing from downtown Ottawa. The culture here is different... there seems to be a lot of Canadian history embedded in the city of Halifax, and if I had more time I would really like to take more of the history in.


The waterfront here is absolutely breath-taking. Today at lunch I had to walk from the conference centre, back to my hotel, before going our Halifax office, so I took the boardwalk along the Atlantic ocean ... and I loved every minute of it. I grabbed a quick bite to eat (fish & chips) on the waterfront and parked myself on the side of a pier and just soaked it all up - it was the best lunch hour I have had in a very long time.

I have to admit I am wishing I wasn't pregnant so I could enjoy all of the fresh seafood here that EVERY restaurant has to offer. It's killing me actually that I can't indulge in it, but I guess this is just an excuse/sign to return to Halifax for a real visit ... perhaps with PC and the baby in the coming years.


I have snapped a few pics of the little pieces of the city I have seen, but of course, I forgot the camera cable to download the pictures so I will have to post them when I get back home on Thursday.


I am feeling pretty exhausted right now, only one more full day of activities here and then it will be back reality at the office in Ottawa.

Hope all is well with each of you.
10-4 from the East Coast!

Labels: ,