Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snap back to reality!

Nothing like coming off of a nice hot vacation to minus 28 degree weather Monday morning - acting as 'fresh' reminder that we do indeed live in Canada! It's a enough to make you want to play chicken with a transport on the highway, if you know what I mean.

Then to top things off, I arrive at work to a parade of folks heading off to our bi-weekly staff meeting as my first order of business - I didn't even have time to put my lunch in the fridge! After an hour piddly information sharing I head back to my office to find my inbox filled with only 426 emails to sift through - I LOVE MY JOB!

The rest of the day was spent trying to get organized, opening emails, deleting, filing, and re-reading old emails that were still hanging around my desk from before my vacation.

However, I guess I can't really complain. We had an amazing week in the sun - no complaints about the actual time we spent in the Dominican, it was more about the travel to and from the Dominican that was painful. Delays, delays, and more delays .... going to Punta Cana, we were delayed 2 hours, and coming home it was 4 hours. Honestly... not the way you want to end a trip, but nonetheless, I am still classifying the vacation as fantastic.

It was nice to just be in the sun, with no responsibilities, no time lines, and no schedule - except of course, get up, eat, hit the beach, hit the swim up bar, lounge, swim, eat - be merry!!! This is what we did for 6 whole days.. and I loved every. minute.

Okay, you are probably to the point where you are sick of hearing how great the trip was... so I will quit rubbing it in... and I am sure you are wanting to see some pictures by now. I am hoping to do this tonight... download them from the camera, and upload them to the blog, so check back tomorrow and instead of me just bragging about how nice the trip was, you can actually see for yourself!

Stay tuned.

Labels: