Thursday, January 03, 2008

2008 - The year of getting what I want!

It's officially here, the year 2008.

Happy New Year to each of you, my lovely/faithful blogging readers!
Bonne année à tous mes peeps dans le monde du blogging!

2008 - WOW! It's come upon us quickly, don't you think? I mean... really - the 365 days of 2007 literally went zipping by... and well I feel like a lot was accomplished in 2007, it leaves me wanting more for 2008.

It's always around this time of year that I make a list of things I want to do in this round of 365.

Do this happen to you in January of every. single. year. - you start making all of these mental lists in your head of things you want to do before the year is complete? (I could really curse the brainiac who came up with this New Year's bullshit anyways - way too much thinking involved for my liking)!

I am to the point right now that I start every internal thought with the words 'I want to... I want this... I want... want... want...'

I absolutely hate that my wants are so high right now. I mean - if I don't get what I say I want - does that mean I will have failed myself in some respect?

I know a lot of people look at their 'wants' as goals - goals and aspirations for the New Year. I do that, I've done that, and I am done doing that ... I think!

This is the year I throw caution to the wind... I won't use my wants to set goals, I will simply want things and I will get them. And if I don't get them, I will forget I wanted them, and move onto something else I want more.

How's that for making non-resolutions? For 2008 - I am doing what I want.... when I want, where I want, and with whom I want... and when the year is done, if I still want more, I won't have regrets, I will just carry over this little attitude of mine into 2009!

Yes... it's the year of wanting... and getting what I want.

Are you with me?

I think right now I will start with a Starbucks! Yup.... I am going to get a Starbucks, because I WANT ONE, right now!

What is it that you want this year?

Labels: ,