Monday, January 07, 2008

Mama Mia!

This weekend, I went to see Mama Mia at the NAC here in Ottawa, with my parents and their friends. What a FANTASTIC show it was.

I love love love ABBA... their songs are super catchy and generally put me in a good mood. The acting was great... and the storyline was all around entertaining. I was really impressed with how a simple stage setup could be used to tell a 3-hour story. Amazing!

The music was really well intertwined into the storyline and it made for a great afternoon. I laughed quite a bit throughout the show... which was also unexpected, but came as a nice surprise!

I really enjoyed the part of the mother and her two sisters (Sophie's aunts)... the actresses' played their roles really well - and were very comical throughout the show!

Overall... Mama Mia gets rave reviews from this happy viewer, I know my parents and their friends also really enjoyed the show too- I would definitely see it again!
Have you seen Mama Mia or any other Broadway type shows that you would recommend?

Labels: ,