Tuesday, March 20, 2007

One year and counting.

It just dawned on me that I have been blogging for over a year now... so I guess this means HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY BLOG.

When I first started this blog, I thought that there was no way that I would be able to keep up a regular posting schedule, let alone having anyone read it, and read it faithfully... but as the months rolled on, the site meter rolled up, and now I have arrived at over 10,000 visitors (and that's really only the number from the last six months since the meter has been installed).

Can you believe it?

In addition to faithful readers, I also have a select group of readers who comment faithfully - (insert shameless plug for comments) I LOVE GETTING COMMENTS! I remember the first comment I got that wasn't from a family member... but from someone in the Netherlands who was reading my blog and commenting on her view on the environment from her side of the world. At first I was shocked to know that someone half way around the world was reading my blog, and not just lurking on my site, but actually making him/herself visible by commenting. It was a huge realization that not only my close family and friends where here, but so were a whole wack of people that I didn't even know.

This blog has definitely given me an outlet to vent... mostly about French in the past year - it has been quite the ride, but thankfully your comments and words of encouragement got me through the rough times. In the last year I have also tended to rant about PC, and some of the things he does or does not do, which has created some discussion in my own marriage (is a blog really grounds for divorce?), and in general, this blog has allowed me to share some of the ups and down in my everyday life - mostly allowing me to journal the good, the bad, and the ugly!

I am not sure what keeps you (my faithful reader) coming back for more, but I know you are what keeps me writing. I really enjoy writing, and knowing that I have a small, but growing audience, makes me want to keep writing, keep story-telling, keep dishing out the so-called gossip of my life. I often feel bad when I can't get a post in everyday... I lie awake thinking to myself that I must post something before I start losing my peeps! It's like having a second job sometimes, the only difference being that I don't mind putting in overtime as I know that its always appreciated.

I am not sure if your here for the first time, or if you or if have visited this site since day one... but I would just like to tell you THANK YOU - thank you for reading... you really make it worth while, and I know someday my children (if I ever have any) will thank you too.

Keep visiting and if you feel like dropping me a comment... do that too!

Cheers to: YEAR NUMBER TWO... FROM THE DESK OF SARA!

Labels: ,