Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Gimme back my hour.

We are only 4 days into the time change, and already I can firmly say that I want need my hour back.

I know the clock tells me that its 8:38 am right now, but my head and my body are telling me its still only 7:38 am. The alarm went off at 6:10 am, and my body was physically paralyzed, committed to not moving an inch, as my internal clock said its only 5:10 am.

It's been a constant battle lately. The fact that its pitch black outside when the alarm sounds is not helping either. Since Sunday I have had to stumble from the bed to the bathroom in the dark, nearly taking my own life a few times, because PC has decided to drop his pants & belt in my direct route. Since my eyes won't open, I end up tripping over them... barely getting my hand up in the time to stop myself from crashing through the wall (its quite the scene)... imagine starting your day with a near-death experience every morning, it sets a great tone for the rest of the day!

Since I am half asleep all the time, it doesn't give me the best reputation at work either. Yesterday morning the elevator doors opened with me in the process of a huge yawn, mouth wide open (too tired to use my hand to cover it), and three senior managers starring me right in the face - OOOOPS!

The other problem with the time change is that not only is it dark in the morning, its way too light out later in the evening, thus making me think I can stay up later because there is still some daylight. Don't get me wrong, I love the extra light later in the evenings, but this week, its screwing with my mind.

Damn you time-change, damn you. First you short-change me an hour on the clock, then you force me to stay up later, losing another hour... now I am down 2 hours, and I haven't done anything to deserve this.

All week we have been eating dinner at 7:30 or 8, because neither PC or I are hungry when the clock says 6. As a general rule, I usually don't like to eat after 8, but this week I keep telling myself: don't worry about it, it's really only 7.

How long will this go on?

It will be August, and I will be telling myself: your not late for work, its really only 8:30, not 9:30 am - wonder how management will handle that argument?

Is anyone else struggling with the new time system?

Labels: