Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Here's a surprise... women talk more then men!

The other morning, while driving into Ottawa, I heard some radio morning personalities talking about this new book by Dr. Luan Brizendine entitled: In the Female Mind. Apparently, Dr. Luan states the following:

'women talk almost three times as much as men, with the average woman chalking up 20,000 words in a day - 13,000 more than the average man.'

Women also speak more quickly, devote more brainpower to chit-chat - and actually get a buzz out of hearing their own voices.

And, if that wasn't enough, the simple act of talking triggers a flood of brain chemicals which give women a rush similar to that felt by heroin addicts when they get a high.'

So ... seeing as I like to think of myself as a talker... when I open my mouth in public I am pretty much preceived as... a woman all buzzed up on heroin?

Perfect! Just what I need in addition to the fact that my english roots seem to be escaping me.

I guess these facts clearly explain why PC can't seem to get a word in edge-wise at the dinner table... once I start talking, I have anywhere from 2500 to 5000 words to cover in order to reach my daily quota... and that's assuming that I've actually already put in a good 15,000 words throughout the day before I even get to him. If I happen to not speak to anyone during the day, PC better set up for office hours, as he practically has to listen to 13 short university essays before I can call it a day!

I guess its not easy being a man. Women do most of the talking... so that doesn't leave men with much time to say anything.... which may also explain why a men love to give one word answers...

For example:

Me: What do you want to have for dinner?

PC: Whatever.

Me: What time are you getting up in the morning?

PC: Early.

Me: Did you take out the garbage?

PC: No.

Me: Do you want to have to sex?

PC: Sure.

In PC's world... why use 25 words to say what can be clearly communicated in one!

I guess women will continue to get use to the fact that men don't say much, and men are coming around to the fact that women just don't shut up... and never will!

Oh the joys of communicating!

I should probably wrap this post up... all this typing has made me lose my buzz!

Labels: