Monday, November 27, 2006

The weekend of no house cleaning!

How is it possible to be off 3 days in a row, be at home 2 of those days and accomplish absolutely nothing?

I am not sure, but I did it this weekend.

I was off Friday due to my self-pity cough that I thought was worthy of a second day of rest. I also thought I might get caught up on a few things around the house but that didn't happen either. The entire day was wasted lazying around the house looking at the dirt and dust and vowing to clean it first thing Saturday morning.

Saturday morning rolled around, and with good intentions, I thought I would start some house cleaning after a trip to Tim Horton's.

Before I could finish checking my email... we had vistors, with Tim Horton's in tow! Mom C and her friends dropped in to bring us a very lovely Christmas decoration for our front step... they brought coffee and timbits -- we couldn't very well turn them away from our dirty house when they came bearing gifts!

The morning rolled into the afternoon, and we ended up having pizza with our company for lunch. We were off to a good start... it was 3 o`clock, and we already had breakfast and lunch, and I didn't have to lift a finger!

Our first load of vistors wasn't gone 20 minutes and our second arrival of troops dropped by. I had a quick shower as I was still in my pj's... we got out some wine and appeitizers for them and had a good catch up visit.

These vistors stayed well-into the evening, and when Sunday morning rolled around, the house was a disaster (more so then it was on Friday night) ... and we were on our way out the door for breakfast in Ottawa and a full day of shopping!

Lord help us... we didn't spend any time at home Sunday... we ended the day of shopping with a meal at the in-laws in Max-vegas, and took in their Santa Claus parade before heading home!

When we got home we set all the shopping bags on top of the dirt and dust and called it a weekend!

I am sure you can all guess what I will be doing this evening... that's right... CLEANING!