Monday, January 09, 2012

Update from the working world!

One full week under my belt and I have lived to tell the tale!

Things at the office are running just as predicted... I saw some friendly faces which was nice, and I also saw a whack load of new faces! 14 months in Government is a long time in the human resource world.

My pet peeve with the new faces is that when they see me... they take note, and then talk to their other semi-new colleagues, and they ask each other 'who's the new girl?'.

I'm not the new girl... I am NOT. THE. NEW. GIRL.

Other than that... I am enjoying being back in the swing of things. I got my first assignment last week and it forced me to dust off the cobwebs and find my groove. Its amazing how quickly things are coming back to me - as they say... just like riding a bike!

The boys had a pretty awesome first week at daycare too... lots of new activities and all around new fun. They are adjusting better than expected and seeing their happy sweet faces at the end of the day is definitely the highlight. E is full information from the day's events too, and it makes suppertime conversation pretty hilarious!

PC was off last week, so I didn't have to do morning drop off. He let me ease back into the whole routine which was also nice! I just had to worry about me and my coffee first thing in the AM, but tomorrow, I get to figure out exactly what its like to get myself and two 'I love to sleep' boys out the door for 7am.

In addition to the working world, also comes the age old question of 'what's for dinner'? This weekend, PC and I took 15 minutes on Saturday to meal plan for the week ahead... and Sunday I hit the grocery store (a zoo) to pick up all the items we needed. I have NEVER done this before, and I have to say (prematurely speaking) its nice to not have to think about meals at the end of the day - so I hope this is something we can keep up for the long haul.

Yes... the working world is not so bad, its actually nice to have some time to myself, and to do some things in a day that I am good at, besides being silly with my boys at home. Its hard to leave them when they are at such fun ages, but at the same time, I think I can find a balance to make the most of my time with them.

I am 'officially' back to work, back in the swing of things, and back to living for evenings and weekends again. The time off with my boys was fabulous while it lasted, but rejoining the office world has had some nice perks too! Given that it took me a week to get this update posted, I can see that blogging may have to take a back seat, but hopefully I can keep it up and interesting enough to have you check in on me once in a while.

Thanks for understanding... I hope my next post won't be too far away.

Cheers!

SC live signature

Labels: , ,