Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcome 2012

I would love to say I am jumping up and down to start the new year, but the truth of it is, I am feeling a little sad... not because a new year is upon us, but because I go back to work on Tuesday, after almost 14 months away from the office.

2011 was a great year. I have logged so many memories from it... ones that I know are going to slip away so quickly, especially since Tuesday I now take on the challenge of working mom of two.

I want to be optimistic that 2012 is going to be a great year... but I have to wonder, how could anything possibly top 2011?

The good news is... I am going to find out (whether I want to or not), and although my expectations for the year are low... I am hoping I come away pleasantly surprised.

The end of 2011 was lots of fun... we had a great Christmas and got to spend some time with both sides of our family - where would be without family? I do know that I would have cooked and clean a heck of lot more these past few weeks if it wasn't for our dear families looking after us and giving us a break from it all (so thank you Mom B and Mom C).

While at my parents over Christmas I managed to take a family photo of my side of the family... and it turned out good (everyone including children looking at the camera and smiling = rare). I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take advantage of Dolcetto Designs New Year bonus... so I had a little digital design put together for my Mom & Dad & sister to say just that 'Happy New Year'!


I hope 2012 treats each of you wonderfully... life is short so let's enjoy the time we have together and not dwell on all of the imperfections in our lives.

My motto has always been... live well. laugh often. love much. - and I plan to do so in 2012.

Cheers!

SC live signature

Labels: , ,