Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hard to please... that's me!

I'm having one of those days weeks months where I go to bed at night feeling like nothing but a bitch. Have you been there?

Maybe? Maybe not.  But I'm there.

Whether its my hormonal balance trying to find its new home post-pregnancy, or its just plain old me - whatever the case, I'm feeling extra bitchy lately.  I'm not talking nastiness, I'm just talking about an overall feeling that brings my mood way down.

I go to bed at night thinking... tomorrow's a new day and wishing that the same old annoyances won't irritate me so much, but turns out they do.

I have so many things that I want to accomplish in life (many of them have already happened, but I'm talking about the smaller things in life) ... a laundry list full of small items that remain unchecked, and this frustrates me.  I have a pretty terrific family, great friends, a loving husband, two of best boys in the world, yet I can't seem to just sit back and enjoy them, I am always wanting to do more, have more, know more - and yet when these things happen, its never enough.

Bottom line is, I'm hard to please... really hard to please. I don't think that anyone's best efforts will ever satisfy me... and its kinda a scary thought, because you have to wonder when the people in my life will stop trying to please me.

I'm starting to think I need a new outlook on life... one that is more of a simple approach, and one that I can look back on in a month, a year, a decade later and be proud of. I do love my life, yet I'm not acting like I do... so here's to a fresh take on the simple things... less bitchiness, more happiness.

So ... lookout world, this bitchy - hard to please - self is moving out, and a simpler - less irritated - me is moving in. Hopefully!

SC live signature
P.S. My Keurig machine that I heart so deeply has been descaling for two days now, and I've been without a decent cup of java for what feels like an eternity. #someoneshootmenow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the solution to this problem is some time away...a break. Either that or a gazebo - I'm leaning towards the gazebo.

Love you, you're not alone in your never-ending list thoughts!!!

Air

Kristy said...

Thank you for being so truthful. You are certainly not the only one who has these total bitchy times, where nothing anyone does can please you. It will pass, but until it does know you are not alone.