Sunday, May 22, 2011

Enroute to turning THREE!

There is something about this set of pictures (below) that makes me smile! My so-called little boy, is turning into a big boy. And while I should be shedding a little tear, I'm am too busy being in awe of his growing independence, and his transition from the unstable toddler to the busy big boy.

At two and a half (and 'the half' is huge... if I didn't get it before, I get it now!), E is so different from his second birthday... he's now potty trained, talking a mile a minute, and doing things "all by 'me' self". I know I have said it before, but he really is such a loving big brother... his personality and caring nature are something else. Of course, he's a two year-old at the same time... with meltdowns, and a bad case of the 'I wants', but he usually saves those for the end of the day, when he's beyond tired and could use a nap!

I have no idea what he will grow up to be, or who he will become in 20 or 30 years, but I do know, I love being his Mom, and just being here everyday to witness him grow.  He really does amaze me each day. As we approach the big THREE... I am looking forward to the new skills he will acquire, and signing him up for pre-school - but at the same time, just treasuring the remaining time of my maternity leave, and the extra free time I have to share with him! 

E you bring a smile to my face each day... I love you!


SC live signature

Labels: ,