Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Life is too short

It's been close to a month since my last post... and while I had hoped to get a post in earlier, and on a much happier note than this... I blog tonight with a bit of a heavy heart.

PC's Grandma Coleman past away last night... which was a bit of shock to us. She was in hospital, and was sick, but I don't think either of us expected her to pass so quickly.

I am very saddened by the death of this woman, a woman who I have known less than 10 years of my life, but nonetheless a woman who made me smile and laugh - and whose quick whit and humour will be with us forever - not to mention all of the memories PC has of her from his childhood.

I think her death brings me back to the death of my own grandmothers... and it reminds me that it is never easy to say goodbye to someone that you thought a lot of, yet never had the chance to tell them as often as you might have liked. It is events like this that remind us just how short life really is, and how important it is to take the time to tell people you love them.

I have a video below, that PC and I will enjoy watching and sharing with E when he is older. It's Grandma Coleman reading a book to E just a few months ago. Very cute.

She will be missed, but never forgotten in our household.


Labels: ,