Tuesday, March 04, 2008

One Handed Typing

Well this post will be considerably shorter than anticipated because I am typing with only one-hand today thanks to a nasty slip on the ice yesterday.

What a way to start a Monday morning, late to work due to freezing rain and heavy traffic, and then while approaching the office door my feet came right out from under me, landing me flat on my ass with my arm under me. No warning, no almost doing the splits, nothing - just one big KA-BOOM and I was looking up at the sky.

It was one of those falls that makes you feel like crying right then and there, but then you think to yourself how childish that would be and somehow you manage to pick yourself up and continue to the door (all the while swearing like a trucker)!

Needless to say, my wrist/hand was very sore the entire day - throbbing at times - and this morning it was so stiff I couldn't even hold my toothbrush or hair brush. I had my family doctor check it out this afternoon and she deemed it a deep bruising of the bone that will take about a week to heal... so I am now sporting a very fashionable tan-coloured tenser bandage and will be for the next few days.

I am not sure how I will get along at work as a good part of my day is spent typing emails and reports, but I hopefully slow and steady will win the race ... it will have to at this point.

At any rate, I think I've maxed out my typing for one day, so I will wrap this up and hopefully find sometime later in the week to get in another post.

All I can say right now is my first order of business tomorrow will be chewing out the parking lot maintenance staff at the office telling them to get some sand and salt out there before someone a lot less youthful than me breaks a hip!

Labels: