Monday, February 25, 2008

I've been hanging around!

Well... its been a week since my last post, and while I wish I could say I won a free vacation and was whisked off to some tropical island for the past week, the truth is I have just been hanging around, doing nothing much at all.

Sad, isn't it?

The truth of the matter is that the Scotties took over my life for the last week. The Scotties, being the Canadian National Women's Curling Championships. With two draws everyday being televised, plus keeping tabs on the morning draw online, it was all very time consuming, yet entertaining.

I spent every free waking moment in front of the tv catching all of the live action on TSN and CBC, and what a great week it was. Now I know most folks don't get too aroused at a game of curling on tv, but nothing getting me energized like a nail-biting game of curling.

Manitoba prevailed this weekend, and I was extremely happy for Ottawa-native Dawn Askin - but it was fairly heart-wrenching to see Alberta lose such a close game after curling well all week long. That's how it goes though, you win some you lose some!

But - I won't bore you with curling details any longer.

The rest of the weekend was spent rather leisurely ... at home doing laundry, groceries, etc. and at my in-laws putting in some quality time there.

I am hoping that since the February curling blitz is over, I can get back to more regular blogging now (that is... until the Brier starts on Saturday!).

How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting that you would like to share?

Labels: ,