Friday, November 09, 2007

Finally... a basement update!

Well... you've been patiently awaiting this update, I know. I got email upon email, asking for a visual of the basement. You've left enough hints and comments that I am starting to feel bad... so let's get started!

I believe we left off somewhere around here....
We were still living in a lot of drywall dust, but the idea of a finished basement wasn't too far off.

Drywall was being mudded... and I was patiently awaiting for the okay to paint the place. So... without further ado.... here is how the paint turned out, before the carpet:



Then, the following week we got the carpet put down.... it felt so great on the feet, and it was nice not to have to put shoes on to go down to the basement anymore. My bare feet were loving the new addition.

Slowly we started moving down the furniture from our living room upstairs. We are still awaiting to put in the doors, the trim, and the ceiling, but its starting to feel more homey with each little addition. I will have to get my decorating cap on soon, and add the final touches, but for now this is where we are at...

PC has really done an amazing job on everything -- given that he's put 90% of his free time into this project since May 24 -- many hours on his own, down there sweating and cursing to himself, I can't possibly say enough about his efforts! Thanks PC!

I haven't had time to take photos of our new upstairs furniture, but hope to get those done soon! I hope this update will satisfy you for a while -- but I will try to be more vigilant in my picture posting in the future!

Labels: ,