Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Spicing up salad

I have been on a bit of a salad kick lately... buying large amounts of lettuce (from Costco), and cutting up veggies, like it's my only profession.

I find that I can add a few different things to spice up my salads, but what really makes them unique is the dressing. A salad can just be a salad, but when you add in the dressing, it becomes a whole new ball game.

The only thing is.... there are sooooooo many dressings to choose from these days, I don't know where to start.

For instances, I have been in love with KRAFT's Sundried Tomato and Oregano for quite sometime, but now the taste feels old, and when I actually eat salad with that dressing, I find it kind of boring and blah. I seem to like to mix my vinaigrette dressing a lot with KRAFT's Three Cheese Ranch (TCR). PC swears by the TCR and Sundried combo... in fact today I tried to trick him with a no-name brand, and he was completely disgusted - he's hardcore about the Sundried.

I seem to enjoy KRAFT's Creamy Poppyseed light. I use to find the regular one a little too sweet and heavy for my liking, but the light version is so much better. I have also fell in love with PC's (President Choice's, not my PC) Sweet Thai dressing ... it's delicious... giving my salad's a whole other sweet/spicy taste. I love it. Not to mention my new romance with KRAFT's Mandarin Orange with Sesame. From time to time I also like to whip a lettuce-less greek salad... and love love love KRAFT's Greek Vinaigrette.

When you add these dressings, and some form of nuts, fruit, peppers, and onions... to a regular ol' bowl of lettuce, life is good, but I have to wonder if there is some secret dressings I am missing out on?

What is your favourite dressing, and what special ingredients do you put in your salad to spice it up?

If you haven't already guessed, this my attempt to nonchalantly get you share some salad recipes with me!

***NOTE*** Birthday wishes go out to Clapper, as in Erica D. Clapp, of the McMac-Clapp family. We celebrated her big day over the weekend, but couldn't let the actual day go unnoticed. As well Mrs. Alexis Riordan is celebrating her special day today too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADIES.

Labels: