Saturday, October 14, 2006

Slacking

It's been a bit of a pretentious week for me... I have spent the majority of it bitching to the higher gods about my discontent with my language training school - hence the reason my posts have been few and far between - please accept this as an apology!

The majority of my complaints were valid... but fell on deaf ears, which is frustrating to say the least. My language evaluation is on Monday MORNING (T minus 2 days) - and for those of you who know me well, you know what a pleasant person I am in the MORNING.

I am trying to take a calm approach to it... go to it, let my butchered french loose, and see what the evaluator has to say... I mean I think I have been through worse things in my life, so I am not beating myself up about it.

I will say, that Friday afternoon was one of the most encouraging and useful afternoons I have had in a long time. I spent the afternoon with a new teacher in a 2 on 1 session... I talked and talked and talked, and it turned out to be the most beneficial 3 hours of my entire french career.

I am thinking that if I do acheve my B level on Monday, it will be thanks to this one teacher. He did more for me in 3 hours, then 7 other teachers have done in 10 months. Scary!

At any rate, I am not my usual self right now... I am trying to remain calm, listen to some French television and talk out loud around the house. That's pretty much been the weekend in a nut shell - so you will have to excuse me for a few more days while I get through this next francophone hurdle.

One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.