Thursday, January 12, 2012

Birthday Month!

You know what the best thing is about January?
Besides it being a new year... its my...

Birthdaaaaaaaaaaay Moooooooooonth
(say it Oprah Winfrey style).

Okay... so I don't celebrate the entire month (publicly) but internally, I am throwing myself one party after the other.

It's not kinda a big deal... it IS a big deal!
Just ask PC, I remind him, every. single. day.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved my birthday! My Mom and Dad always made it special for me in some form or another, and to be honest, they still do so today (which I love)!

I came across this photo a few months ago, and I though my birthday month was the perfect time to post it! It is from one of my birthday parties.... with many of my childhood friends. Aren't we cute?!

L to R Front: Sherry Lautenslager, Jamie King, Megan Turner
L to R Back: Moi, Tiffany Thompson, Kristy Cooke

Judging from the number of candles on the cake, it looks like my 6th birthday, so probably grade 1! I frankly don't remember the exact details of this party, but I love a lot of things about this picture... like the pure happiness on our faces as we sip grape Crush and cream soda, the retro ketchup and mustard bottles we used to dress our hot dogs, and those very basic chip bowls which my Mom and Dad are still using to this very day.

I love the simplicity that was my birthday all those years ago... and as 32 is knocking banging on the door, ironically I want something much the same this year - a little cake, something to sip on ... and being surrounded by some pretty amazing people! 

SC live signature

Labels: ,