Wednesday, March 19, 2008

T.O isn't such a bad place afterall!

This weekend I travelled to Toronto to visit my BFF (Kristy).... she's been there since November, and has now settled into a place ... so I decided to hop on the train and reintroduce myself to T.O life.

I haven't been to the Ontario capital since I was fairly young.... to put it into perspective, the SkyDome wasn't built the last time I was there. I sort of remember T.O. as a bit of dirty hole to be honest. But this weekend I was surprise to find out that its not how I remember it all.

Friday night we headed downtown and out for dinner to a place called 'Fred's not here' on King street. We had a great meal... and just got caught up on everything that has been going on in our lives over the last little while.

Saturday we met up with two good friends from University (KL & Bee, former members of 130-O) and headed to Yorkville for some afternoon shopping. I loved Yorkville... the stores were quite big and roomie... and there was everything you could imagine. The only thing I purchased was some new M.A.C. makeup... but it was well worth the trip!

As you can see from some of the pics below, we had a great time in Holt Renfrew trying out some new styles!

We decided to stay in Saturday night (yes... we are old) and order in from Spring Rolls... so good. It was actually better than going out to a nightclub and screaming over the music to talk to one another, as we were able to get caught up ... and tell some funny stories!

Sunday.... KL took the GO train back to Burlington and Kristy and I headed to the CN Tower, as neither of us had ever been to the top before. 28 years of living in Canada and I hadn't done one of the most touristic things in the country. It was quite the experience... first of all I am not a fan of heights... I get a little bit of anxiety when I think about it, but nonetheless, I still wanted to do it. The elevator ride to the top was a bit much for me... some 5 year-old kid was saying 'I'm scared Mommy', and I said to myself 'I know exactly how you feel kid!'

When we got to the top I was relieved to see that it was fully enclosed, so I relaxed a little. The view was spectacular. It reminded me a lot of the look out PC and I did in Boston, at the Prudential Centre... but I know we were much higher in the CN Tower. Kristy and I made our way to the glass floor, which is where I had a mini freak out... I didn't think I could do it. Luckily for me there was another lady beside me (my mother's age) and she didn't want to do it either, but in a moment of weakness, I grabbed the lady's hand and said 'C'mon, let's go' and pulled her on to the floor with me.... all the while, Kristy and the lady's husband were dying laughing at us. If I am going down, I want to take another innocent bystander with me! Luckily, the floor held up... and we all made it out alive!!!

After the CN Tower we had time for a stop at Starbucks... and then I headed back to the train station to catch my ride home.

It was a great weekend... and I realized that T.O is a city that I actually like... its a nice getaway. I still don't think I would want to live there, but its definitely a place I want to go back and visit more, and with Kristy there - I definitely will.

Here are a few pictures from my weekend excursion.
Enjoy!











Labels: , ,