Saturday, June 17, 2006

1-800-Rent-A-Husband ... No thanks!

So P is out of town for the weekend... yet again (not really, but I like to make it sound that way!). Last night while having the house to myself, I decided to curl up on the couch and watch a movie.

Now, if P were home and we were choosing a movie to watch it would no doubt be something full action, with guns, violence, and the odd F-bomb. However, last night I decided to choose a sappy chick flick, one I knew P would never want to watch.

Thanks to TMN on Demand, there was a slew of movies to choose from. I came across Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. I recall hearing that it was a decent girly-girl flim, so I decided to check it out. 10 minutes into the movie I had the notion to shut it off and just go to bed, but then 35 minutes in I was laughing and experiencing some eagerness for the characters and the storyline.

By the end, I was balling... tears were everywhere. Why do I do this myself?.... these sappy chick flicks get me everytime.

Needless to say, I was exhausted from having a good tear, that I slept like a baby!!! Who needs 1-800-Rent-A-Husband, when a good chick flick will do!