Thursday, December 15, 2011

H's First Birthday Party (kinda a big deal)!

Invitation designed by Dolcetto Designs
Although the birthday boy won't officially be 1 until Friday, we celebrated his ONE-derful milestone with a cupcake party a little early.

I tried to keep the party simple and low-key so that the birthday boy could just enjoy his visitors and not be too overwhelmed by all the party hoopla, and it seemed to work well!

H was a perfect birthday boy... he had a decent nap before the party guests started arriving, and he was pretty into his presents and cake too, which put a smile on my face.

I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to attempt to make his first birthday cake.  I did a trial run and it went pretty well so I put on my baking hat and took on the pressure of making a first birthday cake and 30 matching cupcakes for the big day. The cake was by no means perfect, but I was happy with how it turned out and seeing my baby boy dig into it was such a treat! It served its purpose well!

H was spoiled! He is now in toy heaven (and his big bro has discovered that 'sharing' toys isn't such a bad thing when your baby bro comes through with a new haul of boy entertainment)!  The only question now is... what will Santa bring the boy who just got everything?!

Here are some fun pics from the party! I can't hardly believe he is going to be a year old tomorrow - its kinda totally a big deal!





SC live signature

Labels: , , , , , ,