Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sand Road Maple Farm: Sap is RUNNING!

I've noticed in the last week or so, I'm getting a fair bit of traffic from people searching Google for the Sand Road Maple Farm (formerly Sand Road Sugar Camp). If you haven't had a chance to check out their new website, do so! The sap is running and they are OPEN FOR BUSINESS - Tuesday to Sunday 9am to 4pm.

I did a post last year around this time about the Sand Road Maple Farm (located at 17190 Sand Road, off of highway 138)... as its now owned by my brother-in-law & his lovely wife (Scott & Angela Coleman). I thought I would do it again, just to remind people what a great time of year it is to visit a sugar bush.

I assure you Sand Road will not disappoint... their all-day full-spread breakfast will fill you up and keep you running well into your day, and while you're there, you can walk the nature trails, take a horse drawn wagon ride, roll your own maple taffy, and see the sap/syrup process in production.  They also have a quaint little gift shop if you're looking for something extra for that special someone, or if you'd like some maple products to enjoy at home. As an added bonus, the staff are a pretty friendly crew!

We were there this past Saturday with friends and the place was hoppin'! E loved every aspect of it again this year... and while I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked (hard to do when you go with two kids instead of one), I did capture just a few of our first trip to the sugar bush, but I know we'll be back again before the season is out.




SC live signature

Labels: , ,