Sunday, December 05, 2010

Ready to have this baby...

So... its GO time, except nothing is going. 

I was hoping The Sequel would have arrived by now, but in true Sara fashion... he is gonna be fashionably late. 

I am not sure why, but I had it in my head that this baby was going to come early.  E was 6 days overdue... so for some reason I thought The Sequel would be 6 days early.  It appears that is not the case. I have been driving myself a little crazy the past few days, everytime I feel a little twinge or cramp I think 'oh, here we go' but the truth is its more like 'here we go NOWHERE'.

I know with E I had the true nesting urge a few days before he arrived... cleaned cupboards, bathrooms, floors, and even cubby holes I had forgot existed. But this time around I don't think the nesting thing has happened, unless of course 'emailing the cleaning company to see which day they are coming' qualifies as nesting.

I have basically done everything I wanted to do in my time off leading up to my due date.  The baby's room is ready, the Christmas tree is up, the laundry is caught up, I have a lot of my Christmas presents bought, a few wrapped. My bag for the hospital is even together.

There is literally nothing big I want to do - and it makes me mad a bit, because I know once The Sequel arrives, I will be dying to get out and about for an hour to myself.

I really want to have this baby in the single digits of December... but its looking like it will between the 10th and the 15th at this rate.  My OB wasn't in any rush to get me on an induction list... he said to come back and see him next Friday (the 10th) and we'd go from there! JOY!

I'll keep you posted... because what else will I have time to do but blog and tweet!

Labels: ,