Friday, September 24, 2010

5 down, a lifetime to go!

It's hard to imagine that 5 short years ago, I was preparing myself to walk down the aisle, to meet PC at the alter, to exchange our vows, seal them with a kiss, and start a new chapter together - creating a lifetime of memories.

We are 5 years in today... and I wouldn't change a thing. Honestly... I remember when PC proposed to me and I really thought I was the luckiest person in the world. Now... I still feel unbelievably lucky... we have created a family and are about to expand it a little further, but when I look at E, and my growing belly, I see what 5 years of happiness between the two of us has created.

Life might not be all sunshine and lollipops all the time, but I have to admit that looking back on the past five years there has been a lot of sunshine in our lives, and a heck of a lot of lollipops. I don't know if we are like the average married couple or not - what I can tell you is that we are different people, but together, we are better people. We keep each other honest and sincere, we support each other, and most of all - at the end of the day, even if PC didn't pick up his dishes, or I didn't properly seal the freezer door - we still love each other, no matter what.

I am excited for the next years of our marriage, I know there will be challenges and many sleepless nights ahead, but I think what makes it so exciting is knowing I have a partner in crime to get through it all. PC really brings out the best in me... I admire and respect him, and as we celebrate 5 years today, I want to thank him for always being by my side no matter what and for being a great Dad to E and a loving husband to me too!

Love you PC!
Thanks for a great 5 years... looking forward to many more!

Labels: , ,