Monday, August 28, 2006

So... yes... definitely some moments that my parents (CONNIE & TIM BELLEROSE), would not be proud of!!

I am gonna go with the excuse that.... actually all I am wondering here is 'How the hell did I think it was cool to climb up on an emergency response squad car at the tender age of 26'.

There is definitely something to be said for peer pressue, from my two blonde friends.

My husband leaves me alone for one night and look what the hell happens.... how could he be so irresponsible. This is what I would expect from him... not me. I am pretty sure someone took over my body for the last 2 hours of the night, because although that looks like me on top of that car... I don't think it was actually me... BUT THAT IS DEFINITELY my friends, KRISTY SHAUGNESSY & ERICA CLAPP (2 P's.. as in Papa Papa).

Whooooooooooooa... don't really know whatelse to say on the issue, expect that 'I didn't do it YOUR HONOUR'.

Thus... the point of my story... today after school, I got in the car and proceeded to take the same route home that I have been taking for 9 months, down Slater Street, right on O'Connor.... to the 417 east bound. Simple route... you would think, but today, while turning right on O'Connor, I immediately see a police officer directly in front of my car, waving his hands like typical traffic cop, and flagging my car (not the two cars behind me) to the side of the road.

So I bite... and follow his hand motions over to the side...and I roll down my window like the law abidding citizen (all the time thinking HOLY SHIT, he knows it was me on the emergency squad car).

The cop unpleasantly informs me 'Excuse me ma'am... the reason I pulled you over is because there is specifically a sign at the intersection stating that you can't turn right at that intersection between the hours of 3:30 & 5:30 PM'

ARE FREAKIN KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?

I pull my out my dumbest blonde look and group it together with the stunned phrase 'I am sooooooooo sorry, I had no clue' (not the least bit convincing either).

The cop fires back with: I can see that.... driver's license, registration, insurance.

My stunned look immediately turns to anger, as he tells me: remain in the car ma'am, this will just take a minute.

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?
The jerk is sooooo charging me.

As I wait not one minute, but for 15 minutes... while 20 cars behind me turn right onto O'Connor and continue on their marry way ... I want to scream. But instead .... I sit there, and wait, and wait, and wait until the officer returns with my ticket and his 5 minute spiel that starts off with:

'The reason that sign is there Mrs. Coleman (don't call me Mrs.).... yida yida yada... the normal fine for this offence under the Ontario Traffic Act is $110 and 2 demerit points, but since you have had no recent previous convictions I have decided to give you a regular by-law offence ticket that is $35, does not go on your record, and does not cost you any demerit points'

He continues to stress the fact that he has given me a significant break. And his closing statement as he hands me the ticket is: 'So again, I think you understand that I have given you a break here'

To which I respond with: THANK YOU OFFICER.

I pull away... thinking, THANK YOU??? THANK YOU for what?? The $35 lesson, and a waste of 25 minutes. Yes... thank you Ottawa Police for I learned this lesson so that the 40 other right hand turners on O'Connor Street today could go free while you were busy writing up my ticket.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... if it weren't for my Saturday night events, none of this would have happened. I know it.

I guess I should just be thankful that an A.P.B didn't show up on the computer when he went to run my driver's license... I am sure the conviction for Saturday night's event may have been a bit more than $35.

This is one I am just not proud folks.... buy hey... it did make for a good post today, don't you think?